Dublin Dental Care accepts patients from referring dentists who recommend prosthodontic evaluation and consultation for their patients.
Prosthondotists are recognized by the American Dental Association (ADA) as specialists who are highly trained in state-of-the-art technology and techniques that are used to effectively treat patients with complex needs. Having completed an additional three years of graduate level schooling, prosthodontists are able to restore optimal oral function and esthetics.
If you are a dentist with a patient who requires complex restorative and prosthetic dentistry, we invite you to consult with Dr. Pagniano. Please fill out and send the important form provided below.
Dr. Pagniano or a staff member will be in touch after reviewing the information.
Prosthodontics Referral Form
Why should I consult with or refer to a prosthodontist?
By drawing on the prosthodontist’s advanced training and specialized skills, a general dentist may significantly enhance the treatment planning and patient care they are able to provide. Seeking to assist general dentists treat patients with complex dental concerns, Dr. Pagniano:
- Serves in an advisory capacity, as a general dentist maps out a treatment plan for patients with difficult oral problems
- Provides specialized treatment that corresponds with a general dentist’s developed treatment plan
- Manages patients with elaborate and/or multidisciplinary treatment needs.
When should I consult with or refer to a prosthodontist?
When a patient presents a complex esthetic or functional challenge, a general dentist should seek consultation with a prosthodontist. This collaboration ensures that complicated and multi-layered dental issues are addressed with a comprehensive treatment plan.
Dr. Pagniano develops treatment plans for many complex situations, including:
- Patients requiring multi-disciplinary treatments and management
- Patients with severe esthetic complications
- Patients in need of complex implant-supported prostheses
- Patients with severe occlusal deficiencies
- Patients requiring post-surgery rehabilitation due to oral cancer or trauma
- Denture patients who are elderly, with cognitive or neuromuscular deficits
What types of treatments do prosthodontists perform?
Dr. Pagniano is able to perform a variety of dental procedures and treatments designed to restore optimal oral function and esthetics. These treatments include:
- Placement of dental crowns
- Placement of veneers
- Complete dentures, fixed bridges and partial dentures
- Full and partial mouth dental rehabilitations
- Dental implants and implant supported restorations
- Temporomandibular disorders