Other Dental Services / TMD / TMJ Disorders in Dublin. OH
TMD / TMJ Disorders
Dublin Dental Care is able to diagnose and treat all types of TMD/TMJ disorders.
The Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) acts as a hinge that connects the lower jaw to the temporal bone of the skull. This connection is located near the ears on a patient’s face. Temporomandibular disorders (TMD) result in problems with this joint and the surrounding muscles that control important functions such as eating, speaking, and jaw movement.
TMD may be indicated by one or more of the following symptoms:
- The locking of the jaw in place
- A fatigued feeling in the face
- Swelling on the side of the face, near the TMJ
- Sustained difficulty chewing
- Clicking or popping sounds when opening and closing the jaw
- A limited ability to open the mouth fully